please be advised that a new release (D63) of the HERE Platform is available on the Production Environment (PRD).
We send this email to all those who apply for access credentials to the platform, based on the information they provide when registering.
This email includes release notes that describe the improvements to the services in the new release. This release includes updates of: Map Tile API, Geocoder and Geocoder Autocomplete API, Batch Geocoder API, Places API, Custom Location Extension, Platform Data Extension, Geofencing Extension, Waypoints Sequence Extension, Traffic API, Venue Maps API, Transit API and Weather API.
As well, we will publish the release documentation on the Developer Portal.
- The Geofencing Extension now also allows to use HERE map layers
- Geocoder now provides house number precision results to Reverse GeocodingtrackPositionmode.
- Further extended traffic flow coverage in European
For more detailed information about the major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business Services and Products, see the sections below:
- Added house number precision results to Reverse Geocoding trackPositionmode that supports heading information.
- Modified street name matching in Romania by recognizing additional abbreviations for street types.
- Modified street name matching in Romania and Hungary so that correct street names are recognized in queries even if the word order is different from what is in map data.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- Added distanceinformation to results. This is the distance in meters from the search center.
This release includes coverage extension for Flow including the following new markets:
- Channel Islands (Guernsey and Jersey)
- Isle of Man
- San Marino
- Vatican City
- The Geofencing extension now also allows to use HERE map layers
- Customers can check with one request the asset position against geofences in multiple layers.
- Polylines and points can also be handled as geofences.
1. Usage of HERE domains
Some of our customers are still using the Nokia domains (...api.nlp.nokia.com) for accessing the HERE Platform for Business services. Since April 2014 our documentations only lead to the HERE domains (…api.here.com). With this version of the Release Notification send to our customers we will inform them that Nokia/NLP domains will not be supported any more by end of Q1/2016. Until than all customers latest have to switch to the HERE domains.
2. Migration of Enterprise Router 6.2
Since the monthly platform release in July the latest HLP Router version 7.2. offers feature parity with the Enterprise Router 6.2. All Enterprise specific features like e.g. Truck Routing, Traffic enabled Routing using Traffic Patterns, Matrix and Isoline routing are now available in the HLP Router.
Our customers are kindly requested to migrate from the Enterprise Router 6.2 to the HLP Router 7.2. The Enterprise Router 6.2 is now in maintenance mode: no new features will be developed and only critical bug fixes, map updates and support will be provided. After March 31, 2016, no further maintenance and support will be provided, and the service will go offline.
In case you have any questions or need further assistance on the migrating to the new HLP Router 7.2 please contact us. We will be happy to assist you with the migration process.
The migration guide is attached to this email and public available on developer.here.com
This release notification will be issued on a monthly basis in synch with the HERE Platform release drops.
HERE Platform for Business Team