please be advised that a new release (D75) of the HERE Platform for Business is now available on the Production environment (PRD).
As well, we will publish the release documentation on the Developer Portal.
The release is mainly a maintenance release; highlights are:
- Added several API options in Batch Geocoder API, that can eliminate some of a customer's pre- and post-processing steps
- Traffic Flow coverage is extended to include Philippines and Vietnam.
- Traffic Incidents coverage is launched in Russia: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Yekaterinburg.
- Wildcard search on attributes support in CLE
- Improved algorithm handling waypoints with constraints in WSE
For more detailed information about the major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business Services and Products, see the sections below:
- UK: City and District queries combined with a full postal code now gives preference to the postal code precision level.
- Germany: Improved support for street name variants.
- New Zealand: Increased match quality and accuracy with improved parsing of house numbers in complex unit/house number notations.
Batch Geocoder API
Added several API options that can eliminate some of a customer's pre- and post-processing steps:
- Option to allow input files to contain columns with data that the Batch Geocoder API does not process. These columns do not need to be removed from the input file anymore before the file is uploaded.
- Option to repeat input columns in output file. Input fields are repeated in the output so that input and result can be looked at together without an extra merge step.
- Option to include invalid input lines in the output file. Invalid input lines - for example, lines with a wrong field count - are combined with results from valid input lines.
- Input lines with single occurrences of double quotes are not marked as invalid anymore.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- Added match tolerance for numbered road names. Numbers and spelled out words (Fourty-Four equals 44) are now accepted regardless of map data.
- Added precise UK postal codes to suggestions.
- Changed ranking of sector based postal codes in UK (low precision postal codes). They are now ranked lower.
- Traffic Flow coverage was extended to include Philippines and Vietnam.
- Traffic Incidents coverage was extended to include Russia: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Yekaterinburg.
- Traffic Incidents translation support four new languages: Polish, Russian, Turkish and Portuguese.
- Improved quality of translation for Traffic Incidents.
- Added support for both Metric and Imperial system in Traffic Incidents translation.
Public Transit API
- Introduced Transit Alerts endpoint, allowing you to request real-time alerts of delays, cancellations and other announcements provided by transit agencies, in areas where this is available.
- Introduced Route Segment Update endpoint, allowing you to make a subsequent request for a section of a trip rather than for the entire trip.
- Added sec_ctx parameter to Transit Routing request, allowing you to request a context for transit segments update, to use as input parameter for Route Segment Update endpoint.
- Added first_last_mile parameter to Transit Routing request, allowing you to include local transits at the beginning and the end of a long-distance route.
Custom Location Extension API
- Support of wildcard search on attributes.
Toll Cost Extension API
- Added request parameter cost_optimize to explicitly choose whether/which cost optimization to apply
- Improved fine grained optimization to choose some toll sections only (instead of all or none as in previous releases)
Waypoints Sequence Extension API
- Improved algorithm handling waypoints with constraints to enhance responses for waypoints that have a tight time window and/or are located far apart from the majority of waypoints
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Map Tiles API (Version 18.104.22.168)
- Positioning API (Version 1.2.0)
- Geofencing Extension (Version 1.2)
- Platform Data Extension API (Version 1.6.5)
- Route Match Extension (Version 2.1.9)
HERE Platform for Business Team