Please be advised that a new release (D68) of the HERE Platform is now available on the Production environment (PRD).
We send this email to all those who apply for access credentials to the platform, based on the information they provide when registering.
This email includes release notes that describe the improvements to the services in the new release. This release includes updates of: HLP Routing API, Map Tile API, Geocoder API, Batch Geocoder API, Traffic API, Places API, Waypoints Sequence Extension, Geofencing Extension, Toll Cost Extension, Route Match Extension, Custom Location Extension.
As well, we will publish the release documentation on the Developer Portal.
The release has the following highlights:
- Geocoder API: Improved India match quality by increasing ranking weight of postal codes
- TCE API: Belgium introduced a new road toll system, that replaces the existing Eurovignette system since April 2016. This new system is now available in the service.
- CLE API v2.0 release: improved Performance and scalability
For more detailed information about the major improvements of the HERE Platform for Business Services and Products, see the sections below:
HLP Routing API
- Updated map data to 22.214.171.124.
- Added a country code information in country change maneuver notes.
- Resolved historic traffic (HSP) issue in truck routing.
Map Tile API
- Adjusted the Content-Type returned for json requests to be application/json; charset=UTF-8.
- Fixed some cut labels.
- Reviewed and fixed invalid combinations of truck tile requests.
- Adjusted our labeling placement algorithm for city centers so that they are closer to the city center bullet.
Batch Geocoder API
- Changes in this Batch Geocoder API release are improvements to the internal logging and monitoring functionality.
- Improved India match quality by increasing ranking weight of postal codes.
Important: Major map data changes introduce with 2016Q1 map schema.
France: Changes related to the territorial reform of French Regions in 2014. In 2014, the French parliament passed a law reducing the number of metropolitan regions from 22 to 13 with effect from 1 January 2016. The latest map data reflects this change.
- Expanded language support for Wikipedia links.
- Improved relevancy ranking between perfectly spelled query terms.
- Expanded hours of operations coverage in the United States.
Geofencing Extension API
- New administrative recourse /layers/list and /layers/delete.
- Renamed resources /layer_put to /layers/upload and /check to /search/proximity. The old resources still exist, but will be removed in a future release.
Toll Cost Extension API
- Belgium introduced a new road toll system, that replaces the existing Eurovignette system since April 2016. This new system is now available in the service.
Route Match Extension API
- Introduced new resource maps.json in order to provide an option to see the available map releases and map regions.
Custom Location Extension API
Important: This release is a new development that does not provide backward compatibility.
The following highlights give a short summary of the most important changes, added functionality and improvements:
- Performance and scalability have improved
- More generic attribute search expressions
- Search now also includes lines and polygons
Note: All customers starting development with CLE should only use the new version. Existing customers will be invited at a later point to migrate to the new version when the migration planning and migration documentation is finished. The CLE 1.x will be further available for existing customers but now under maintenance without any new developments.
HERE Platform for Business Team